We celebrated missions at Cross Lanes Baptist Church yesterday with our annual, Acts 1:8 Missions Celebration and Missions Fair.
Click Here To See Photos
I shared a message in the evening from Acts 14. . .
21 After they had evangelized that town and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, to Iconium, and to Antioch, 22 strengthening the hearts of the disciples by encouraging them to continue in the faith, and by telling them, "It is necessary to pass through many troubles on our way into the kingdom of God." 23 When they had appointed elders in every church and prayed with fasting, they committed them to the Lord in whom they had believed. 24 Then they passed through Pisidia and came to Pamphylia. 25 After they spoke the message in Perga, they went down to Attalia. 26 From there they sailed back to Antioch where they had been entrusted to the grace of God for the work they had
In this passage there are several keys in setting a strategy for missions, in obedience to the Great Commission.
* Evangelism- If the work does not include the Gospel, it cannot be classified as missions.
* Strengthening- Making disciples requires strengthening those who have been reached.
* Encouraging- Following Jesus is not easy, and there are many difficulties along the way.
* Establishing- Leaders need to be put in place to carry on the work of the church.
* Praying and Fasting- In faith, we believe God to do a great work.
* Multiplying- The work is a multiplying work, building on the foundation, and seeing new works started.